Thursday 30 April 2009

My understanding of Diplomacy Today

Before I began to study this module Diplomacy, I was going into this module thinking in my mind that diplomacy is when two parties conduct and engage with one another. That diplomacy was conducted through by governments and are only tested when it comes to international crisis.
I remember giving the example of the Northern Ireland peace as an example of diplomacy, which lead to the Good Friday agreement. Having now studied this module, it has broadened my mind on the process of Diplomacy
The extent to which diplomacy is applied, from summit, to lunch diplomacy; the extent to which diplomacy is now conducted in so many phases has transformed my understanding of diplomacy. The growth of Celebrity diplomacy, has transformed the meaning of diplomacy, and the increasing of importance of NGO’s is still evident in the world today.
Diplomacy in a broader context is what I take from this module; the extent to which diplomacy is applied has helped me to understand the concept of diplomacy. Although I still maintained that diplomacy has evolved as the world evolved, the extent to which diplomacy to applied has come a long distance from previous diplomacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.