Sunday 19 April 2009

My understanding of diplomacy today

In this blog I will give my opinion about diplomacy in world politics. My opinion since the start of the module has changed. At the beginning of this module I did not know that diplomacy is categorized in to traditional and new diplomacy. I started to read various literature about diplomacy in the past and I found that it was changing through the time along with changes in the world.
The greatest thing which I have researched during this module was Public Diplomacy. I knew that diplomacy is all about negotiations and communication with foreign officials. Also I knew about consular section role in diplomacy. But I never thought that Public Diplomacy could exist, and could play such a huge role for countries success. Now for me looks obvious that without Public Diplomacy country cannot achieve much, and powerful countries must pay lot of attention to Public Diplomacy if they interested to stay powerful. Therefore from my point of view Diplomacy started to look even more complicated. Diplomacy is involved in every single level of communication between two nations despite there is officials or any other individual, with the aim to achieve something beneficial for own country.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the impressions in this blog are very similar to mine, because I found the distinctio between old and ew diplomacy as one of the essential things that help me to understand better about the ways diplomacy is conducted. I like as well that the public diplomacy made such a big impression and seemed to be more important amongst all the other new information as it provided many explanations how the world of politics works.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.