Friday 1 May 2009

MY UNDERSTANDING OF DIPLOMACY TODAY

MY UNDERSTANDING OF DIPLOMACY TODAY
Having gone to the end of the module arguably my knowledge about diplomacy has improved greatly. From the first impression, my understanding of Diplomacy was very narrow, but with intense lecture I have come to understand that in complex and unmerciful world, diplomacy has to play a decisive role in terms of achieving the. Peace. More profoundly was the knowledge of knowing and understanding Traditional and new diplomacy. I was able to understand the high politics and low politics of new and traditional diplomacy. Traditional diplomacy I was able to understand deals more with high politics issues like security as well as the intense use of secrecy and it only operate in bilateral bases.
Therefore the questions I asked my self are what is the difference between new and old if you like type of diplomacy? I came to the conclusion with the understanding from the lectures that are not much of a difference between the old and new diplomacy except the new expanding more to include greater participation. With this led me to conclude that multilateral diplomacy is part of what should be considered as new in the new diplomacy.
Furthermore, with increase environmental problems and great interdependence arguably made bilateral diplomacy insufficient enough to deal with problems that encompass bilateral process. Additionally, what is new about the new diplomacy to my understanding is the impact of technological progress. With this saw the increase undermining of the traditional diplomatic process as well as the speed up of information’s that requires for diplomacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.